24/7 emergency service
Commercial HVAC Services
Improve Your Bottom Line with a New HVAC System
Haugan Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. specializes in efficient commercial HVAC services in Sioux Falls, SD, including installation and repair, maintenance, upgrades, and replacement. We’ll help you create a comfortable and productive environment for your employees and customers, while lowering your energy bills. With a single phone call to our office, you can make a big impact on the cost of your HVAC system.
Commercial Furnace Installation
A commercial furnace installation is a big decision. Not only does it require a significant investment, but it also impacts how your business functions on a day-to-day basis. Haugan Heating and Air will help you with your options and find the right furnace for your needs.
Transparent Pricing, Solid Solutions
Our trained and experienced team will design the ideal commercial HVAC system in a new construction project, or pinpoint, then repair or replace the weak or failing areas in your existing system. A thorough evaluation of your current HVAC system will help us assess its true operating condition. We can provide you with a report that will give you an idea of how long you can expect your system to remain functional, what it will cost to make and keep it operational, and the price of having a new HVAC system installed. Whether it’s new or upgraded, we will provide a full warranty on any system we have designed, fabricated, and installed, and we even offer 24-hour emergency service. Now that’s peace of mind!
Proud to Be a Local HVAC Company
As a local, family-owned and operated company, we understand the importance of keeping heating and cooling costs down while running abusiness. Commercial HVAC companies are in high demand as businesses strive to keep their employees comfortable and productive. Not only do these companies work to keep the air circulating and temperatures regulated, but they also are often responsible for ensuring the building is sealed from drafts and pests. As buildings become more sustainable, the need for these services will continue to grow.
That’s why we’re committed to helping you find the best HVAC solution for your needs and budget. Contact Haugan Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. today for more information or a free estimate!
Commercial Air Conditioning Installation
HVAC installation in a commercial setting typically requires a more complex system than in a residential setting. This is due to the fact that there are often many more people in a commercial space, which means that the air needs to be able to circulate more efficiently. Additionally, commercial HVAC systems must often be able to accommodate different types of activities that take place within the space, such as cooking, cleaning, and office work.
Commercial air conditioning installation is a big job that requires special skills and training. If you’re thinking about installing a new air conditioning system in your commercial space, there are a few things you need to know. It’s important to understand the different types of air conditioning systems and how they work. You’ll also need to have a clear idea of the space you’re working with and the specific needs of your business. Once you have a good understanding of all of these factors, you can begin the process of choosing the right air conditioning system for your commercial space.
If you are in need of a commercial air conditioning installation, don’t hesitate to call us today. Our team of experts will be able to help you find the perfect system for your business. We offer competitive rates and can have your new system up and running in no time.
Commercial HVAC Repair: Ensuring Optimal Efficiency and Safety
Haugan Heating & Air Conditioning Inc., your trusted partner in Commercial Kitchen HVAC repair. Our services are tailored to meet the unique challenges and needs of businesses in the food service industry.
Commercial Kitchen HVAC Systems
Commercial kitchens demand a safe, comfortable, and productive environment for staff while complying with health and safety regulations. Our intricate Commercial Kitchen HVAC systems work tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure ideal conditions for cooking, food storage, and staff well-being.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is commercial HVAC?
What are the different types of commercial HVAC services?
Why is commercial HVAC repair important?
How often should I have my commercial HVAC system serviced?
During a routine maintenance visit, our technicians will perform a variety of tasks, including:
1. Checking and cleaning air filters to ensure proper airflow and indoor air quality.
2. Inspecting and cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils to ensure proper heat transfer.
3. Lubricating moving parts to reduce friction and wear.
4. Checking and tightening electrical connections to ensure proper function and safety.
5. Testing and calibrating thermostats to ensure proper temperature control.
6. Checking and topping off refrigerant levels to ensure proper cooling.
7. Inspecting ductwork for leaks, damage, or blockages that may reduce system efficiency.
By keeping up with regular maintenance, you can catch potential issues early, before they become bigger and more expensive problems. Regular maintenance can also help keep your energy bills low by ensuring that your system is running at peak efficiency.
At Haugan Heating and Air, we offer a range of maintenance plans to fit your commercial HVAC needs. Contact us today to schedule your next maintenance appointment and keep your system running smoothly.
What's the best way to improve indoor air quality in a commercial building?
1. Regular HVAC Maintenance: Regular maintenance of your HVAC system can help ensure that your system is functioning properly, which can improve air quality by removing pollutants from the air.
2. Air Filters: Upgrading to high-efficiency air filters can help trap pollutants and allergens and improve air quality. We recommend changing air filters regularly to prevent buildup and ensure optimal performance.
3. Duct Cleaning: Over time, dust, dirt, and other debris can accumulate in your ductwork, which can reduce indoor air quality. Regular duct cleaning can help improve indoor air quality and remove contaminants from your system.
4. Proper Ventilation: Proper ventilation is critical for good indoor air quality. Ensuring that your system is properly designed and installed for your building, and that the building is properly ventilated, can help improve indoor air quality.
5. Air Purifiers: Installing air purifiers can help remove pollutants and allergens from the air, improving indoor air quality.
At Haugan Heating and Air, we offer a range of solutions to help improve indoor air quality in commercial buildings, including maintenance plans, air filter upgrades, duct cleaning services, and air purifier installations. Our experienced technicians can help you identify the best solution for your building’s needs. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help improve indoor air quality in your commercial building.
How can I reduce energy costs for my commercial HVAC system?
1. Regular Maintenance: Regular maintenance of your HVAC system can help improve energy efficiency by keeping your system running at optimal levels. We recommend scheduling maintenance at least twice a year to ensure that your system is running efficiently.
2. Upgrade to High-Efficiency Equipment: Upgrading to high-efficiency equipment can significantly reduce energy costs. Newer equipment is designed to be more energy-efficient and can help lower your energy bills.
3. Use Programmable Thermostats: Programmable thermostats allow you to adjust the temperature in your building based on occupancy, which can help reduce energy costs. By setting the temperature to a higher or lower temperature during non-business hours, you can save on energy costs without sacrificing comfort.
4. Seal and Insulate: Ensuring that your building is properly sealed and insulated can help reduce energy costs. Insulating your building can help prevent heat from escaping in the winter and keep cool air inside in the summer, reducing the workload on your HVAC system.
5. Optimize Airflow: Proper airflow is critical for energy efficiency. Ensuring that your ductwork is properly installed and maintained can help optimize airflow and improve energy efficiency.
At Haugan Heating and Air, we offer a range of solutions to help commercial building owners reduce energy costs, including maintenance plans, equipment upgrades, programmable thermostat installations, and duct sealing and insulation services. Our experienced technicians can help you identify the best solution for your building’s needs. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help reduce energy costs for your commercial HVAC system.
What's the average lifespan of a commercial HVAC system?
1. Rooftop Units: Rooftop units typically last between 15-20 years. Regular maintenance can help extend the lifespan of your rooftop unit.
2. Split Systems: Split systems typically last between 15-25 years. Proper installation and maintenance can help extend the lifespan of your split system.
3. Chillers: Chillers typically last between 20-25 years. Proper maintenance is critical for ensuring the longevity of your chiller.
4. Boilers: Boilers typically last between 15-25 years. Regular maintenance and repairs can help extend the lifespan of your boiler.
It’s important to note that these are general guidelines and that the lifespan of your commercial HVAC system can vary depending on several factors. Regular maintenance, timely repairs, and proper usage can all help extend the lifespan of your system. At Haugan Heating and Air, we offer comprehensive maintenance plans and repair services to help ensure the longevity of your commercial HVAC system. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help extend the lifespan of your commercial HVAC system.
How do I know if my commercial HVAC system needs repair or replacement?
1. Age of the system: If your commercial HVAC system is over 15 years old and experiencing frequent breakdowns or requires extensive repairs, it may be time for replacement.
2. Rising energy bills: If you notice a sudden increase in your energy bills without any significant changes to your building’s usage, it could indicate that your HVAC system is not functioning efficiently.
3. Poor indoor air quality: If your building’s indoor air quality has declined, it could be a sign that your HVAC system is not functioning properly and requires repair or replacement.
4. Strange noises or odors: If you hear strange noises or notice unusual odors coming from your HVAC system, it could indicate that something is wrong and needs repair.
5. Inconsistent temperatures: If you notice that certain areas of your building are warmer or colder than others, it could indicate that your HVAC system is not functioning properly and needs repair.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, it’s important to contact a professional HVAC technician as soon as possible to assess the situation. At Haugan Heating and Air, our team of experienced technicians can help diagnose the issue and determine whether repair or replacement is the best course of action for your commercial HVAC system. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
What are some common problems with commercial HVAC systems?
1. Dirty or clogged filters: Clogged filters can restrict airflow and decrease the efficiency of your commercial HVAC system. This can lead to poor indoor air quality, increased energy costs, and potential breakdowns.
2. Thermostat issues: Faulty thermostats can cause inaccurate temperature readings and make it difficult to regulate the temperature in your commercial building.
3. Leaking refrigerant: Leaks in your commercial HVAC system’s refrigerant lines can cause your system to lose efficiency and eventually stop working altogether.
4. Electrical issues: Electrical problems can cause your HVAC system to malfunction or stop working altogether. Common electrical issues include faulty wiring, blown fuses, and tripped circuit breakers.
5. Malfunctioning components: Various components of your commercial HVAC system can malfunction, such as compressors, fans, and motors. These issues can cause your system to operate inefficiently or stop working altogether.
6. Poor maintenance: Lack of proper maintenance can lead to a variety of problems with your commercial HVAC system, including reduced efficiency, increased energy costs, and frequent breakdowns.
If you are experiencing any of these issues with your commercial HVAC system, it’s important to contact a professional HVAC technician as soon as possible. At Haugan Heating and Air, our experienced technicians can help diagnose the problem and provide expert repairs to get your system running efficiently again. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
What's the best temperature to set my commercial thermostat?
During the summer months, we recommend setting your commercial thermostat to between 72 and 78 degrees Fahrenheit. This range provides a comfortable temperature for most people while also helping to reduce energy costs. If your commercial building has high occupancy or heat-generating equipment, you may need to set the temperature lower to keep the space comfortable.
In the winter months, we recommend setting your commercial thermostat to between 68 and 72 degrees Fahrenheit. This range provides a comfortable temperature while also helping to reduce energy costs. However, if your building has low occupancy or is not heavily used, you may be able to set the temperature lower to save energy and reduce heating costs.
It’s also important to remember that your commercial thermostat settings should be adjusted based on the time of day and day of the week. For example, you may want to set the temperature higher during the day when people are in the building and lower at night or on weekends when the building is not in use.
Ultimately, the best temperature to set your commercial thermostat will depend on a variety of factors, including the size of your building, its occupancy, and your energy goals. At Haugan Heating and Air, our experienced technicians can help you find the ideal temperature settings for your commercial building to ensure optimal comfort and energy efficiency. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
How often should I replace the air filters in my commercial HVAC system?
If your commercial building has high occupancy, high levels of air pollution, or pets, you may need to change your air filters more frequently, perhaps as often as every one to two months. On the other hand, if your commercial building has low occupancy, clean air, and no pets, you may be able to change your air filters less frequently, perhaps every six months.
Regularly replacing your commercial HVAC system’s air filters is crucial for maintaining healthy indoor air quality, reducing energy costs, and prolonging the life of your HVAC system. Dirty or clogged air filters can restrict airflow and cause your HVAC system to work harder, leading to increased energy consumption and higher utility bills. They can also allow dust, dirt, and other airborne contaminants to circulate throughout your building, potentially leading to health problems for your employees or customers.
To determine the ideal air filter replacement schedule for your commercial HVAC system, we recommend consulting with one of our experienced technicians at Haugan Heating and Air. We can assess your building’s unique needs and recommend the appropriate filter replacement schedule to ensure optimal indoor air quality, energy efficiency, and HVAC system longevity. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
How important is regular maintenance for a commercial HVAC system?
During a routine maintenance appointment, our experienced technicians will thoroughly inspect and clean your commercial HVAC system, identifying and addressing any potential issues before they become major problems. This can include checking the refrigerant levels, cleaning the coils and blower components, inspecting and lubricating all moving parts, tightening electrical connections, and replacing any worn or damaged parts.
Regular maintenance not only helps prevent breakdowns and extend the lifespan of your commercial HVAC system, but it can also improve indoor air quality and save you money on energy costs. A well-maintained HVAC system runs more efficiently, using less energy to heat and cool your commercial building, which can significantly reduce your utility bills.
In addition, regular maintenance can help ensure the safety of your employees or customers. Faulty or malfunctioning HVAC systems can release harmful gases like carbon monoxide, putting the health and safety of those in your building at risk.
Overall, investing in regular maintenance for your commercial HVAC system is crucial for protecting your investment, ensuring optimal performance and energy efficiency, and maintaining a safe and healthy indoor environment for your employees or customers. Contact Haugan Heating and Air today to schedule a maintenance appointment for your commercial HVAC system.
GET IN TOUCH
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104
Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 4:30pm
Friday 7:00am – 11:00am
24/7 Emergency Service Available